We’re hiring a Director of Talent
Lerer Hippeau is looking for an experienced operator to join our Platform team. As our Director of Talent, you’ll lead all things talent, people ops, and recruiting. We pride ourselves on being our companies’ go-to resource as they scale their businesses from seed to Series A. Helping our companies find, hire, and retain great talent, as well as establish essential people practices, is a critically important piece of the puzzle.
Candidates should have experience leading HR, People Ops, or Talent Acquisition at a startup or venture capital firm. You’ll be at the forefront of our companies’ defining moments, working with CEOs to identify and place exceptional candidates across the Lerer Hippeau portfolio, and by advising our companies on how to build their teams for long-term success.
Lerer Hippeau is the most active early-stage venture capital fund in New York. The firm has more than 300 active portfolio companies with investments in leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Allbirds, Warby Parker, Guideline, Zipline, Axios, and K Health. Founded by a team of operators, the firm invests across all sectors, backing entrepreneurs with product vision, customer insight, and a keen instinct for brand building.
As our Director of Talent, you will:
- Advise CEOs and portfolio companies on hiring, organizational design, people management, and development practices.
- Work hand-in-hand with portfolio companies on their first 5–10 hires.
- Create talent networks and communities around specific functions while expanding Lerer Hippeau’s talent network through extensive networking and events.
- Contribute to the platform of recommended People-related vendors, search firms, and resources, and produce educational content for Lerer Hippeau’s founders.
- Create and manage Lerer Hippeau’s hiring pipeline and network.
- Drive diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts across our portfolio and team.
- Seasoned and senior business leader with expertise in HR, people ops, and recruiting.
- Strong track record of successfully managing early-stage hiring and people practices including job scoping, sourcing, screening, and interviewing, as well as org design.
- Experience working at a high-growth startup or VC in people ops, HR, or talent acquisition.
- Relationship-builder and self-starter who can work across our portfolio companies with founders, chief people officers, and other execs.
- Deep understanding of industry trends and best practices across the People org.
- Experience managing search firms, both contingent and retained.
- Strong knowledge of organization scaling, compensation philosophy, culture building.
Please fill out our application here. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit. This is a full-time position based in New York City with a hybrid work model.