We’re hiring a Head of People
Lerer Hippeau is an early-stage venture capital fund in New York. Our portfolio contains more than 300 leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Guideline, MIRROR, Blockdaemon, K Health, Allbirds, ZenBusiness, and Thrive, among others. We’re experienced operators who invest early and stay in our founders’ corners forever.
We’re looking for an experienced operator to join our team. As our Head of People, you’ll lead all things talent, people ops, and recruiting at Lerer Hippeau — for both the firm and our portfolio companies. We pride ourselves on being our companies’ go-to resource as they scale their businesses from seed to Series A and beyond. Helping our companies find, hire, and retain great talent, as well as establish best in class people practices, is a critically important piece of the puzzle.
Candidates should have experience leading HR and/or People Operations at a scaled operating business with complex people and recruiting orgs reporting into them. You’ll be at the forefront of our companies’ defining moments, working with CEOs to identify and place exceptional candidates across the Lerer Hippeau portfolio, and by advising our companies on how to build their teams for long-term success. You’ll also work side by side with the Lerer Hippeau partnership to help develop firm-wide people strategies.
As our Head of People, you will:
- Advise CEOs and portfolio companies on hiring, organizational design, people management, and development practices.
- Work hand-in-hand with portfolio companies on building their teams from day 1.
- Create talent networks and communities around specific functions while expanding Lerer Hippeau’s talent network.
- Create and manage Lerer Hippeau’s hiring pipeline and network.
- Drive diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts across our portfolio and team.
- Contribute to the platform of recommended people-related vendors, search firms, and resources.
- Work with the partnership to establish strategic people plans and internal processes across the firm.
- Lead the development and implementation of firm-wide people strategies.
- Seasoned and senior business leader with 10+ years of experience in HR, people ops, and recruiting; experience working at a high-growth startup or VC is a plus.
- Strong track record of successfully managing early-stage hiring and people practices.
- Creative; you look at things from a unique perspective and don’t just stick to the status quo
- Relationship-builder, self-starter, and natural leader who can work across our portfolio companies with founders, chief people officers, and other execs.
- Deep understanding of industry trends and best practices across the People org.
- Experience managing search firms, both contingent and retained.
- Strong knowledge of organization scaling, compensation philosophy, culture building.
- Ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Please fill out our application here. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit. This is a full-time position based in New York City with a hybrid work model.